PowerCADD 9 for El Capitan and Yosemite
PowerCADD 9.1.4 For Mac OS? X 10.10 Yosemite and Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- Yes PowerCADD version 9 (
9.1.4 Build 14 Dec 2015 or newer) is fully compatible with Mac OS 10.10 and 10.11
- Operating Systems: Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite. We recommend OS X 10.11 El Capitan
- As of Dec 15, 2015 PowerCADD 9.1.4 was issued as a free update for existing PowerCADD 9 users
PowerCADD has been updated for full compatibility for Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10.x) and El Capitan (10.11.x). In addition, third party external plug-ins, including WildTOOLs, have also been updated.
This is much more than an simple incremental update. PowerCADD 9.1.4 is a complete rework of PowerCADD code from the ground up, yielding significant performance increases and setting the groundwork for faster and easier changes going forward for PowerCADD 10 and beyond. To paraphrase from what Apple so eloquently said with the release of iPhone 6s:
The only thing that's changed is everything -- inside. However, PowerCADD 9.1.4 still looks and feels like the product we've used for decades: elegantly simple and intuitive.
For a full list of what's new and update you should install PowerCADD 9.1.4 and then choose
- Performance: Numerous changes to the foundation yield better overall performance in opening and saving files including a marked improvement in files containing large bitmap images. In general, performance increases are in the range of 30%. A lot of legacy code and routines depreciated by Apple have been removed thereby improving the serviceability of PowerCADD moving into the future.
- Advanced Text Editing in Place: Previous versions of PowerCADD using
Advanced Textrequired editing that text in a dedicated edit dialog. Advanced Text can now be edited in place simply by clicking on the text block with the advanced text tool. Selecting Advanced Text and pressing CMD+Ewill still open the Advanced Text Edit Dialog and allow full access to the advanced text special features and formatting.
- Code Signed for OS X Gatekeeper: You can re-enable GateKeeper in Mac OS X
Preferences...and set it to Allow apps downloaded from: Mac App Store and identified developers, and PowerCADD will behave correctly
- Legacy File? Support Has Changed: Due to the difficulty for supporting legacy file formats, PowerDCADD 9.1.4 does not contain translators for PowerDraw (.PD6) and PowerCADD 4(.PC4, .LIB) files. Users who need access to old files should bring them forward with 9.1.3 in order to maintain access. NOTE: Press and hold the
Optionwill load the legacy translators for that session, allowing you to open legacy file formats from PowerDRAW 6 and earlier versions of PowerCADD.
- Miscellaneous: There are an assortment of subtle changes including full support for long file names, better importing of legacy PowerCADD key commands, and commands like
Place...returning to the last folder you've used (instead of defaulting to the Documents folder). In addition all the niggly issues we mentioned in this post on our website are all addressed!
Overall the simple fact PowerCADD 9.1.4 is fully compliant with the latest versions of Apple's Yosemite and El Capitan operating systems will be a big deal for multi-seat installations. You can now plan and move forward to get everyone on a common operating system.
What To Do
If you are an existing PowerCADD user (any version) there are few different options depending on which version of PowerCADD you currently have. Here's a general breakdown:
Free Updates for Current PowerCADD 9 Users:
Current PowerCADD 9 users can update for free by downloading the update from the home page of Engineered Software. Please visit Engineered Software's website at www.engsw.com and use the links on that page to download your free update. You can also download updates for your registered third party xtnl plug-in's including WildTOOLs from that location.
Paid Upgrades from versions of PowerCADD prior to PowerCADD 9:
Current registered PowerCADD users can upgrade from an earlier version of PowerCADD (e.g. PowerCADD 6,7, or 8 to PowerCADD 9) will need to pay for their upgrade to PowerCADD 9.1.4 and should contact Engineered Software if your in the U.S. or Canada, or your International Distributor for pricing. Please note these are paid upgrades (not free updates). Please visit Engineered Software's website at www.engsw.com for details on how to upgrade.
New PowerCADD Users:
If you are buying a new version of PowerCADD (from Engineered Software in the U.S., Canada, or an International Distributor), you will receive the latest version with that purchase. However, we encourage all new purchasers to confirm with the respective seller that PowerCADD version
We hope that helps
If you found this article or the website in general to be helpful, educational or a time and money saver you can show your support. Thank you ~ Brian (huc) Huculak, Co-founder and Managing Editor, www.caddpower.com - www.powercadduser.com - www.powercadd.guru - www.wildtools.guru